Monday, July 28, 2014

Diary of a D.I.Y. MFA - Adelle, Brian, Elizabeth, Kate, Jackson, Jason, Leslie, Pat




January 2014
I kept the Portsmouth Writers Salon going.

I discontinued the Essays Book Group. 

I continued volunteering at Sheafe Street Books

February 2014
I saw Jackson Warfield Read and BCAP perform at the Red Door. I sat with John-Michael Albert and John Simon

I attended Jason Laundry's photos & essays at NHIA.  

March 2014
I read my first poem aloud at the Portsmouth Poet Laureate Program Poetry Hoot

April 2014
I attended Pat Parnell's 90th Birthday Party at the Wiggin Memorial Library
I was invited to participate in the Portsmouth Love Wall at Prescott Park.

May 2014
I saw Elizabeth McCraken (5/20/14) and Kate Christensen (5/24/14) speak at RiverRun Bookstore. 

I attended the Provence Prize reading hosted by Adam Irish at Portsmouth Book and Bar, in which two members of Portsmouth Writers Salon came in first and second place. 

I saw Adelle Waldman read at RiverRun Bookstore.

June 2014
 I moved the Portsmouth Writers Salon Meetings to my home. So that we could meet without the distractions and interruptions of being in a public setting. 



Kate Christensen at RiverRun Bookstore


About this Blog

Since graduating from college, I have been a full-time freelance writer. I've created my own D.I.Y. MFA program by attending as many literary events as possible in my community. My goal is to attend a diverse array of events and to keep an open mind and an open heart. 


This blogger account is where I log my literary events attended over the past six months. 


Check out my author and freelance writing page. Please visit: tamarajcollins.com


To learn more about Portsmouth Writers' Salon, please visit http://portsmouthwriterssalon.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary of a D.I.Y. MFA - I published my first collection of poetry!

This is the 9th and final blog post in the series of Diary of a D.I.Y. MFA posts. These posts have spanned five years, from 2012, 2013, 2014...